Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Colons and maps

This weekend I am going to Lisbon, Portugal. We leave on the train at 1:30 Friday morning, and come home at 5:30 Monday morning, so really, I should be doing homework so I don't have to do it in Lisbon or on my birthday (Monday!) but I feel like writing (in English), so here I am.

Yesterday I did an intercambio with a woman my host dad works with. I've mentioned this before. Anyway, we just walked around the city and talked. She says my Spanish is getting tons better, which is great to know! I can tell it has, it just feels good to know it's being recognized by others, too. So while we were walking up the main avenue of the city (Avenida de Espana) and there was this giant blow up plastic tube thing in the park of the avenue. Being curious, we went over to see what it was. I was quite surprised to find out that it was a replica of a colon! We walked through it and learned all about colon cancer (blow up colon complete with polyps. Eww). So that was an adventure.

In case you're wondering, since there's a map and all, I live just off the Avenida de Alemania. Exciting stuff.

Okay, I honestly have nothing to write about except walking through a colon. Sorry for the lame blog post. I'm off to do homework.

Love from Spain

2 comments:

  1. Way to make me smile!! Not many can say they've walked through a colon! :) What is the Avenida de Alemania you speak of? Is it something well known?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I know I thought it was a good story. And no it's not well known, but I put a map on there, so I thought I'd reference the street I live by. However, I did not realize that the map was so small. Oops.

    ReplyDelete