Monday, January 17, 2011

Procrastinating Packing (9 days to takeoff!)

In nine days I start my semester abroad in Caceres, Spain. In the meantime, however, life has not been dull. My fiance (new and exciting!) was home over Christmas on leave from the Air Force. He, however, gets deployed in February. So while getting ready for a lifechanging semester abroad, I am newly engaged, dealing with a less-than-supportive family, and coping with his deployment. I have also been home with just my parents for three weeks, away from school for four (company the first week), and stuck here for another nine days. All my friends are either back at school or working, and the boy is at training, leaving us with very little time to talk each day. So how do I entertain myself? Rereading Harry Potter for the umpteenth time, obsessively planning a wedding that's three years in the future, and baking (terribly) as much as possible. This blog is meant as my travel blog, but with a lot going on in my life outside of just my semester abroad, you will also hear plenty about the boy and my fears and complaints about his job, the occassional wedding plans, book suggestions, and if you're lucky, a successful recipe every now and then (I promise, if I can make it, you can too).

It may not be much, it may not be thrilling, but this is my life. Enjoy the ride. I know I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment