Monday, January 31, 2011

"Classes," Coffee, and Cheap stuff!

Today we supposedly started classes. Really what we did was go to campus and listen to our program coordinator in Caceres talk for 3 hours. In the middle of this we took a "15 minute" break which lasted 45...ahh Spanish time! We don't even know if classes start tomorrow, but we are going to go early assuming that they do. I have all my classes with 4 girls I've been hanging out with a lot, so that is really exciting. We can "study" together. So far our university cafeteria has won the cheapest Cafe con Leche award, which me and one of my friends have made it our mission to find. The most expensive so far has been at the Cafeteria de Caceres, but we need to return there in May to steal a cup that says Caceres on it!

After siesta today me and some friends went shopping. I bought cheap boots, cheap scarves, and a cheap shirt. Everything is on sale now because it's the end of winter and they are bringing in the spring stuff. We also found the grocery store, where one of my friends informed me there are delicious truffles. I bought some, and they are indeed quite tasty. I think I have done my shopping for awhile. Except for gifts and a cookbook. These remain necessities that I will eventually find. I am trying to see if I can plan a trip to Portugal this weekend, but it may be too short of notice to get a group together. We'll see.

Our coordinator told us our trip's motto today: Don't worry. Be happy! This seems to be the Spanish lifestyle: "dont' worry about it....it'll get done eventually..." It's quite nice, actually, and I am a huge fan.

Amor de Espana!

No comments:

Post a Comment