Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Crazy Host Family

Today I talked to the girl from Michigan who is staying here. We rode the bus home from the University together. She told me all about my host family. Apparently, they are insane. I guess the old man is not related to them at all. He has lived here for 2 years and just pays rent. There is also a 19 year old daughter that I did not know existed. She lives with her boyfriend and her newborn baby. Apparently they come to visit for weeks at a time. Weirdest part: I live in a hostel! Apparently they host people all time time: it is mainly a hostel for long stays, and when they aren't hosting students from exchange programs like what I'm on, they open it up as a hostel! Crazy! One day, the Michigan girl told me they were filming at the apartment, but she had no idea why, and they wouldn't tell her what it was for. She was supposed to be interviewed, but she just left and didn't do it, because that's weird. Our host dad works, and our host mom doesn't leave the house or change clothes for weeks at a time. The whole thing just seems very very strange to me! Especially the fact that I live in a hostel!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment