Sunday, February 6, 2011

Trujillo!

Yesterday 14 people in my group went to Trujillo. It was approximately a 45 minute (uncomfortable, hot, sickening) bus ride to the most beautiful place I have ever seen. We went to a castle, a church, Pizarro's house, and a wine and cheese museum (complete with samples) and out to lunch. The weather was beautiful (upwards of 60 degrees and not a cloud in sight) and it was so gorgeous. you could see mountains off in the distance, and the whole landscape was scattered with rocky ledges in the middle of these grassy plains. It was just so beautiful. For lunch we went to a place that came highly recommended (two host families, and several prior visitors). They gave us wine, water, and sparkling water, and then we had an amazing four course meal. Our first course was tortilla patata, salad, bread, and salami. Our second course was your choice of like 8 different things: we shared paella, gazpacho, and macaroni, which was not macaroni noodles but rigatoni in a marinara sauce with sausage. Delicious. For our third course, the meat course, we shared chicken something and beef and tomatoes (and of course both came with french fries because they just love their french fries here!) Then for desert we had our choice of flan, cake, yogurt or ice cream. I was the only one who ordered cake, and he gave me two pieces! I won't argue! All of this was only 15 euro a person! Good luck finding a 4 course dinner in the US for $20! We came home, and I again felt sicky on the bus, but thought it was only the bus. Unfortunately, however, the sickies didn't go away after the bus, so I stayed in last night and feel much better today. I'm a little bummed I missed the black and white party everyone else went to, but I know I'd have been miserable the whole time if I had gone. When I got home I got to talk to the boy a little, which was nice, but somehow he lost his phone throughout the night! I kept trying to get a hold of him and his commander ended up answering.... oops. At least I know he wasn't just ignoring me! He should get his phone back in a few hours (I was promised he'd have it first thing in the morning) so hopefully we can talk again today. I am just staying in and doing homework today (yeah, I have to study here...weird...) and later tonight I think I'm talking to my parents and my sisters.



In funny news, the girl from another program I live with came home last night at like 6 am and for unknown reasons (and she didn't remember doing it) she walked into my room! Haha. I thought it was very funny and I was thoroughly confused. I asked her about it at lunch, and she had to recollection of doing it at all. Made my day a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment